When patients with varicose veins come in for their first visit to Comprehensive Integrated Care, we sometimes ask them why they decided to finally reach out for help.
They explain to us what it’s been like for them “living with vein disease”. They tell us why they finally decided to seek vein disease treatment so they could STOP “living with it.”
We think that some of their answers are worth sharing. They might be helpful if you or someone you love is fed up with trying to “live with” your varicose veins. It is time to get rid of varicose veins forever.
What our CiC patients say is the worst thing about living with vein disease
- “I can’t wear the clothes I want to wear.” Almost all of our patients with varicose veins – both male and female – have commented that they can’t wear clothes that they find comfortable or attractive. Bulging, unsightly veins make it hard to wear skirts, shorts, or bathing suits without embarrassment. Instead, most people hide their varicose veins under long pants or dark stockings. This makes it impossible for them to express themselves the way they’d like through their clothing.
- “My varicose veins make me feel unattractive.”Even if they are hidden, many of our patients say their varicose veins make them feel unattractive. Over time, this can grow into a negative self-image that has an impact on the person’s confidence. Some say that these negative feelings have made it difficult to get ahead in their careers. Others tell us that they have impacted their relationships.
- “My legs hurt all the time.” Varicose veins are caused by pressure from poorly circulating blood. Instead of moving upwards to the heart as it should, blood settles into the feet and ankles, causing discomfort and swelling. This pain is often worse at the end of the day. Others experience it all the time, making it difficult to fully engage in the activities they want to participate in.
- “I’m so tired at the end of the day.” The underlying vein issues that cause varicose veins leave many people exhausted at the end of the day. Many patients also suffer from painfully swollen legs and ankles. This combination makes it impossible to enjoy activities that were once their favorite pastimes. When combined with embarrassment over varicose veins’ unattractiveness, these physical symptoms of vein disease leave many feeling isolated and depressed.
- “I’m afraid I’m risking serious complications” Some patients come to us because they’ve learned that their varicose veins put them at risk of more serious conditions. The fact that their vein disease could lead to skin ulcers or deep vein thrombosis has made it impossible for them “live with” their varicose veins. So, wisely, they decide to reach out to vein disease treatment specialists for help. We’re always happy to tell them that our vein treatments can protect them from these complications
The REAL Worst Thing about Living with Vein Disease
From our point of view as vein specialists with years of experience, the REAL “worst thing about living with vein disease” is people’s belief that they have to just resign themselves to having varicose veins or spider veins and “live with” those symptoms. They don’t. It’s a lie.
Vein disease – whether it manifests as varicose veins or spider veins or a more serious condition like deep vein thrombosis – is treatable. You don’t have to live with it. Believing that you do is the worst thing about living with vein disease.
So stop “living with” a condition that’s making you miserable. Give us a call at 888-377-7122 and allow our CiC vein experts to explain how quickly and painlessly modern varicose vein treatment can enable you to get rid of varicose veins forever.